10:30 AM - 11:15 AM Mon, Jul 20, 2020 TBC
Indiana As A Model For School Safety ApproachesWith its School Safety Specialist Academy and its varied legislative approaches to school safety issues, Indiana is regarded as a leader in school safety and security. Leaders from Indiana share successes from its Academy and from recent legislative sessions, as well as plans for further policy enhancements to support safe learning environments in K-12 settings.
Learning Objectives and Participant OutcomesParticipants will learn about steps states and governments can take to organize school safety approaches and implement a training model.
- Highlight how a state can develop a large scale training model to educate school staff on an all hazards approach to school safety.
- Show how grant dollars and personnel training can be intertwined to strengthen school safety.
- Highlight how to utilize locally developed school safety resources, trainings, and models and apply them to a statewide audience.
- Show how multiple state agencies have a stake in school safety
- Highlight the importance of including Social Emotional Learning and Behavioral Wellness in School Safety
- Audience will be able to develop an all hazard training model incorporating national and local best practices
- Audience will be able to better incorporate social emotional learning into school safety planning.
- Audience will be able to develop a sustainable, growth based model of school safety training
Add to Calendar 07/20/2020 10:30 AM 07/20/2020 11:15 AM America/Los_Angeles National Student Safety and Security Conference and Workshop 2020 Indiana As A Model For School Safety Approaches Las Vegas