Mike Kozlowski, AIA SitelogIQ’s Director of Program Management, is a licensed Architect, LEED AP and a Professional Project Manager, who has 25 years of experience designing, master planning and managing complex K-12 and commercial construction projects and programs. In addition to direct design and construction experience Mike has managed the process of securing over $100m of state funding for school projects through the California Office of Public School Construction (OPSC). These projects each required careful planning, construction document preparation and the securing approval for construction through the California Department of Education (CDE), the CA Office of General Services Division of the State Architect (DSA) as well as local fire department approvals.
Mike has managed projects for national retailers, Oil companies and the largest school districts in the U.S. Mike successfully managed these large projects and programs that each required the most complex community, local agency, state and federal approval processes and multi-source funding strategies and some where these were all needed.
Mike has been deeply involved in his own community as the chair of a local school facilities bond measure election committee, as well as serving as an elected City Councilman. These experiences all add to his personal connection, perspective and wide ranging skills that are required to guide a school district through the complex process of developing a master plan. Successful Master plans, to truly serve the district’s community, will result in improved educational outcomes, reduce operating costs, and protect the safety, health and well being of staff and students. None of that can happen with out carefully balancing the need to gain voters direct support through a ballot initiative. Mike is as experienced as anyone in balancing these goals and achieving success in each area.
10:30 AM - 11:15 AM Mon, Jul 20, 2020 TBC
Communicating the "school reentry" plan: Perception is Reality!Position your district (and yourself) to thrive through the COVID crisis as you develop your return to school plan coupled with insightful communication tips and strategies. This presentation will offer proven insights to communicate your preparation plan including funding, mitigation strategies, and operational protocols so your stakeholders feel a sense of security & calmness as school reopens.
Learning Objectives & Participant OutcomesUnderstanding stakeholder perceptions as you solidify, implement, and communicate your plan is essential to restoring community confidence.
- Understand the perceptions of the stakeholder as school leaders implement their "return to school" plan
- Review updated guidelines related to behavioral protocols upon reentry (busing, entryways, office, classrooms, cafeterias, etc.)
- Learn communication strategies related to specific mitigation technologies as referenced in school reentry plan
- Understand strategies to effectively communicate disaster relief funding and present an ongoing master plan to stakeholders
- Participants will learn effective strategies to understand the perceptions of the stakeholder as they continue planning for the "return to school."
- Participants will review updated guidelines related to behavioral protocols upon reentry (busing, entryways, office, classrooms, cafeterias, etc.)
- Participants will identify communication strategies related to specific mitigation technologies as referenced in school reentry plan
- Participants will learn strategies to effectively communicate disaster relief funding and present an ongoing master plan