After a successful US Navy experience, Dr. Pritzl invested 25+ years as teacher, principal, and superintendent in K-12 schools. Dr. Pritzl has served as crisis response leader in three school districts. Dr. Pritzl holds the ASIS “gold standard” certification CPP (Certified Protection Professional) and works daily with multiple school districts planning school safety and security protocols and preparing for reaction to crisis. Dr. Pritzl is currently assisting school districts prepare for returning to school following the COVID-19 as a member of the SitelogIQ leadership team for COVID-19 response. SitelogIQ has partnered with FEMA grant writing experts with experience in the recent Hurricanes in Puerto Rico dating back to the Chernobyl nuclear disaster to assist school districts in the cost capturing and funding. Dr. Pritzl has presented several times to multiple districts regarding the protocols of returning to school in the following areas: transportation, testing, social gathering areas, classroom distancing, lunchroom, recess, and athletic events. The SitelogIQ “return to school communication plan” has been receiving high praise from district leaders, and has been requested by the CDC as well as several state education departments as it offers effective suggestions while addressing the safety and political considerations.
10:30 AM - 11:15 AM Mon, Jul 20, 2020 TBC
Communicating the "school reentry" plan: Perception is Reality!Position your district (and yourself) to thrive through the COVID crisis as you develop your return to school plan coupled with insightful communication tips and strategies. This presentation will offer proven insights to communicate your preparation plan including funding, mitigation strategies, and operational protocols so your stakeholders feel a sense of security & calmness as school reopens.
Learning Objectives & Participant OutcomesUnderstanding stakeholder perceptions as you solidify, implement, and communicate your plan is essential to restoring community confidence.
- Understand the perceptions of the stakeholder as school leaders implement their "return to school" plan
- Review updated guidelines related to behavioral protocols upon reentry (busing, entryways, office, classrooms, cafeterias, etc.)
- Learn communication strategies related to specific mitigation technologies as referenced in school reentry plan
- Understand strategies to effectively communicate disaster relief funding and present an ongoing master plan to stakeholders
- Participants will learn effective strategies to understand the perceptions of the stakeholder as they continue planning for the "return to school."
- Participants will review updated guidelines related to behavioral protocols upon reentry (busing, entryways, office, classrooms, cafeterias, etc.)
- Participants will identify communication strategies related to specific mitigation technologies as referenced in school reentry plan
- Participants will learn strategies to effectively communicate disaster relief funding and present an ongoing master plan